Dementia with Lewy Bodies
PMG Research of Winston Salem
A research study is evaluating an investigational medication to see if it might improve cognitive ability, including attention, memory, and language in patients who have dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB).
This research study may be an option if you:
• Have probable dementia with Lewy bodies including symptoms such as changes in thinking and reasoning, slouched posture, unstable balance, ridged muscles, visual hallucinations, delusions, and trouble interpreting visual information
• Have no neurological conditions contributing to cognitive impairment beyond those caused by DLB
• Have recently experienced visual hallucinations
• Have not had a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke in the last 12 months
• Have a caregiver who can provide information about the participant throughout the study and attend study visits
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Approximately 4 months
Financial reimbursement for time and travel expenses may be available for those who qualify and participate.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 8 clinic visits and 1 phone call