Uh-oh! This study is no longer available.
Type 2 Diabetes – Cardiovascular Disease Risk
Diabetes (Type 2 Diabetes)
PMG Research of Wilmington
50 or older
A research study is evaluating whether semaglutide tablets reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack in people with type 2 diabetes.
This research study may be an option if you:
• Have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes
• Have an HbA1c between 6.5 – 10%
• Have at least ONE of the following cardiovascular conditions:
- Prior heart attack, stent placement or stenosis
- History of stroke
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Chronic kidney disease
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care along with regular health and medical testing (including access to glucose testing equipment) at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Approximately 3 – 5 years
Participants may be compensated for time and travel.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 26 clinic visits