Heart Failure with Iron Deficiency
PMG Research of Wilmington
A research study is evaluating the effects of an investigational study medication for heart failure in patients with iron deficiency.
This research study may be an option if you:
• Are at least 18 years of age or older
• Have been diagnosed with heart failure and your condition is stable
• Are currently being treated for your heart failure
• Have had a reduced ejection fraction of less than or equal to 35% in the last 12 months, OR less than or equal to 25% in the last 24 months
• Have been told your blood iron levels are low
• Do not take any high-iron containing supplements (multi-vitamins are acceptable)
• Have not received IV iron therapy or a blood transfusion
• Have not had a stroke, heart attack, or transient ischemic attack (mini-stroke) in the last 3 months
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Study duration is event driven and follows the last patient’s 12 month visit, but at a minimum every patient will remain in trial for 12 months
Financial reimbursement may be provided for time and travel expenses.
Number of visits in study
Up to 10 clinic visits