Cardiovascular Disease in Overweight Adults
PMG Research of Wilmington
45 and older
A research study is evaluating the effects of an investigational dose of an FDA-approved medication for cardiovascular outcomes in adults who are overweight.
This research study may be an option if you:
· Have had one or more of the following:
- Heart Attack (more than 60 days ago)
- Stroke (more than 60 days ago)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27 or more. Find out your BMI here http://bmicalculator.cc/
- Have no history of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication or placebo at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Between 2.5 - 5 years
Financial compensation may be provided for time and travel expenses.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 26 clinic visits