Acute Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Ages 18 - 75
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
PMG Research of Wilmington
Respiratory Syncytial Virus, also called RSV, is a virus that commonly causes infections such as bronchiolitis (inflammation of the small airways in the lung) and pneumonia. While most will experience cold-like symptoms, it can lead to hospitalization for those with weak immune systems and chronic heart or lung disease.
This research study may be an option if you:
· Have experienced symptoms of upper respiratory infection for no more than 48 hours
- Symptoms may include the following: nasal discharge, nasal congestion, general discomfort/tiredness, headache, sinus congestion, sneezing, sore throat, hoarseness, cough, shortness of breath, respiratory wheeze, earache, fever and/or symptoms of fever
· Have not started taking any antiviral or antibacterial therapies
· Have tested positive for RSV infection and negative for Influenza (Research staff may conduct test to confirm infection as part of study qualification.)
· Do not have any other known respiratory infections other than RSV
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication or placebo at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Approximately 2 weeks
Financial compensation may be provided for travel expenses.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 5 clinic visits