Cognitive Processing Speed – Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
PMG Research of Piedmont HealthCare
People with multiple sclerosis may experience changes in cognitive processing speed, or the time it takes to understand information. These changes may lead to challenges with memory function and verbal skills.
A research study is evaluating the effects of an investigational medication on changes in cognitive processing speed in adults with relapsing multiple sclerosis (RMS).
This research study may be an option if you:
· Have received no more than one disease-modifying therapy for RMS
· Do not have type 1 or uncontrolled type 2 diabetes (A1c greater than 9%)
· Do not have known allergy to contrast dyes and are willing and able to undergo MRIs
· Have not taken Gilenya® (fingolimod) and Tysabri® (natalizumab)
· Do not have ADHD or a learning disability
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with your physician or a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Approximately 3 years
You may be reasonably compensated for your time and travel for being in this study.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 17 clinic visits