Uh-oh! This study is no longer available.
High Cholesterol in Adults with Cardiovascular Risk
PMG Research of Rocky Mount
Male: 50 – 79; Female: 55 – 79
Those with high cholesterol are at risk of experiencing cardiac events. A research study is evaluating an FDA-approved medication used to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) that, when added to standard lipid-lowering therapy, may reduce risk of cardiac events.
This research study may be an option if you:
• Have high LDL levels despite being on a statin medication or have documented statin intolerance
• Have a history of at least ONE of the following:
- Stent placement or bypass surgery
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke) or narrowing of the arteries
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
• Do not have a history of stroke or heart attack
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Approximately 4 years
Financial compensation may be provided for time and travel expenses.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 15 clinic visits