Uh-oh! This study is no longer available.
Low Testosterone (Hypogonadism)
PMG Research of Charleston
A research study is evaluating the effects of a topical testosterone replacement therapy against placebo for men with low testosterone (hypogonadism) with a history or risk of heart disease or stroke.
This research study may be an option if you:
• Have symptoms of low testosterone (hypogonadism) such as:
- Decreased sexual desire or libido
- Decreased spontaneous erections
- Decreased energy or fatigue
- Low or depressed mood
- Loss of body hair or reduced shaving
- Hot flashes
• Have a history or risk of heart disease or stroke; or show some of the following risk factors: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, current smoker, chronic kidney disease, diabetes, or over 65 years of age
• Have not used testosterone replacement therapy for at least 6 months
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive study-required medical care from a doctor.
Patient Commitment Duration
Up to 5 years
Participants might be eligible for some compensation for participation.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 17 clinic visits and 10 phone calls