Uh-oh! This study is no longer available.
Weight Management – Ages 12 - 16
PMG Research of Knoxville
A research study is evaluating a medication (Qsymia® - FDA-approved for adults), in combination with a lifestyle modification program, for adolescents that may help with weight management.
This research study may be an option if your child:
• Has a documented history of failure to lose sufficient weight or failure to maintain weight loss in a lifestyle modification program
• Has a BMI in the 95th percentile or above
• Does not have a condition or disease that interferes with metabolism like untreated hypothyroidism or Cushing’s syndrome
• Does not have a history of eating disorders (i.e. bulimia,
binge eating, anorexia)
• Has not taken medication for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) within the last 3 months
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for your child.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication or placebo at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Approximately 13 months
Financial compensation may be provided for time and travel expenses.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 16 clinic visits