Type 2 Diabetes – On Metformin
Diabetes (Type II Diabetes)
PMG Research of Knoxville
A research study is evaluating an investigational medication for type 2 diabetes.
This research study may be an option if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with an HbA1c of 7.5-10.5
- Are taking a stable daily dose of metformin at or greater than 1500 mg for at least 8 weeks
- Do not have type 1 diabetes, diabetes insipidus or a history of diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have not had a stroke, heart attack, cardiac surgery, unstable angina or unstable congestive heart failure in the last 3 months
- Have not been taking weight loss medication in the last 3 months
- Have not had insulin therapy in the last year (exception will be made for hospitalization and gestational diabetes)
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 20-45. Find out your BMI here:
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you. Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Approximately 52 weeks (extension with additional 104 weeks)
Financial compensation may be provided for time and travel expenses.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 13 clinic visits (extension with additional 8 clinic visits)