Uh-oh! This study is no longer available.
Hot Flashes – Women 41+ on Tamoxifen
PMG Research of Knoxville
A research study is evaluating an investigational medication for hot flashes (vasomotor symptoms) in menopausal or postmenopausal women.
This research study may be an option if you:
• Are 41 years of age or older
• Are undergoing tamoxifen treatment (20 mg once daily) for at least 60 days
• Experience at least 7 hot flashes daily, or at least 50 per week
• Are willing to stop use of estrogen-containing products
• Are postmenopausal, or have had one or both ovaries removed with or without a hysterectomy OR
• Have post-chemotherapy ovarian failure, defined as at least 2 years without periods beginning within 2 years of starting chemotherapy
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this research study is a good fit for you.
Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication or placebo at no cost.
Patient Commitment Duration
Up to 13 weeks
Financial compensation may be provided for time and travel expenses.
Number of visits in study
Approximately 13 clinic visits and 1 phone call